Brock's Performance Gold Wing Slip-On Key Features:
Brock's Performance Electro-Black Slip-On systems are manufactured using the finest quality stainless steel and then chemical coloring is prepared, using a mixture of chromic and sulphuric acids that develop the thickness of the naturally occurring passive film, on the steel surface. The colors that are produced are the result of light wave interference, as light is reflected from the surface of the thickened oxide passive layer and the interface of the passive layer and steel surface. The colors seen depend on the thickness of the oxide layer formed in this process. Unlike anodizing, as used widely on aluminum products, the process is not an electrochemical one and in contrast to painting, there are no pigments or coloring chemicals used. Perhaps more important, the process does not rely on heat to oxidize the surface. Chemically colored stainless steel retains the aqueous (atmospheric) corrosion resistance of the un-colored surface making the electro-colored system a great option for riders in harsh environments and ocean areas.
Advantages of the Electro-Black Slip-On Mufflers:
- Better scratch resistance that the basic 304 grade stainless
- UV resistant, won’t fade in the sunlight
- Water and dirt repellent
- Will maintain its appearance without rusting or discoloration
- Stainless steel is an environmentally sustainable choice,
being it is completely recyclable
- Honda Gold Wing (GL1800)
- Honda Gold Wing F6B (GL1800B)
- Honda Gold Wing F6B Deluxe (GL1800D)
- Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie (GL1800C)
- Honda Gold Wing Motor Trike (GL1800MT)
Gold Wing Exhaust Weight Comparison
OEM Exhaust System:
Total = 22.5 lb.
Brock's Performance Slip-On Exhaust System:
Total = 18.7 lb.
Total Weight Savings = 3.8 lb. or 17% of stock weight